In September 1934, the members resolved to purchase or build their own clubrooms. This was done for the princely sum of nearly Seven Hundred Pounds and was paid for by fundraising efforts. On 22nd of May 1937, the clubrooms were officially opened by Major General Sir Winston J Dugan.
In 2007 the sub-branch celebrated 70 years in the same location and 75 years as a sub-branch.
Since the first meeting of 36 servicemen, the Blackwood sub-branch increased its membership to 550 ex-service and affiliate members, the second largest membership base in the state.
Anzac Memorial Service & Luncheon
Each year on the Sunday immediately before Anzac Day a Memorial Church service is held at the clubrooms followed by Luncheon.
The Anzac Vigil commences at 6pm on the 24th of April each year at the War Memorial, Blackwood Roundabout. Youth of various service groups including the fire brigade, guides, scouts, St John Ambulance and many others hold a vigil at the memorial throughout the night until relieved by senior defence personnel at 6am Anzac Day.
Dawn service - Blackwood War Memorial
Every year on the 25th of April people of Blackwood and surrounding districts meet at the War Memorial, Blackwood roundabout at 6.30am for a Dawn Service. Approximately 2,500 people attend the service each year. The Blackwood Anzac March leaves the Brighton Parade car park at 6.15am and proceeds down Shepherds Hill Road to the Memorial. At the conclusion of the Dawn Service an invitation is extended to all who have gathered to meet at the clubrooms for coffee and a BBQ breakfast.
|President:||Michael Hinchey||Vice President:||David Matthews||Secretary/Treasurer:||Bob Killoran||Past president:||Frank Blamey|